UCF stands with Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School:
UCF is devastated by the tragedy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school in Parkland, Florida. UCF sends our love to those impacted and to all of our South Florida Knights. Whether or not you knew any of the individuals that lost their lives yesterday, you may find yourself in need of support. Please know that the university community is here for you.
Please know the following resources are available to you and all UCF students:
- Counseling and Psychological Services: Free confidential counseling support, walk-in hours available for crisis appointments, and after hours support available 24/7: 407-823-2811 or caps.sdes.ucf.edu
- Student Care Services: Providing resources and support to students who may be experiencing academic or personal distress. We can also provide class absence notification support if you will be missing class due to the incident. Please call 407-823-5607 to speak with a care manager. Student Care Services is located in Ferrell Commons 138 and open 8am–5pm, Monday through Friday. Visit scs.sdes.ucf.edu for more information.
Additional resources open to all community members:
- Crisis Center: 24/7 crisis hotline service available. Counselors who staff the hotline will help you manage a crisis situation. Call 407-425-2624.
- National Hopeline Network: A 24/7service that forwards your call to the nearest crisis hotline in your area determined from your phones area code: 800-Suicide (784-2433).
Please continue to reach out and ask for support in the coming days and weeks. We are here for you and care for your overall well-being.
UCF Cares About You!
UCF Cares is an umbrella of care-related programs and resources dedicated to fostering a caring community of Knights. However, it takes all of us from students to staff, from faculty to friends, to show that we care about one another. The goal of the UCF CARES initiative is to build a culture of care one KNIGHT at a time. We are all UCF and need to do our part in connecting any fellow knights in distress to appropriate resources.
UCF Cares Focus Areas include:
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Mental Health
- Diversity & Inclusion